happy beer time. 🍺🍻 (at Fremont Oktoberfest)
oh, hi. #seattle #spaceneedle (at Kerry Park)
thinking about it, I realize that everyone I truly, deeply love and admire has shared qualities. I have amazing people that make me a better person everyday with a huge spectrum of interests, values and demeanor - but they all have these things in common:
- they are unapologetically themselves, through and through, and don’t let insecurity take a hold on them.
- they aren’t jealous and don’t see other’s wins as personal losses; they understand everyone is on their own path.
- they laugh deeply, and often, with abandon.
- they apologize quickly, forgive even more quickly, and understand everyone makes mistakes.
- they don’t waste time complaining to make noise.
- they know when to ask for help and don’t feel defeated easily.
- they look forward to every stage of life ahead of them, but take every moment for what it’s worth.
the key to all this: present mindfulness.
relaxing end to a chillin weekend. #seattle #ballard #pugetsound (at Ballard Locks And Fish Ladder)
Ola Billgren, Nattlig växt III [Nocturnal plant III], 1991.
i’m waiting on motorola livechat hold to check an order status of a moto360 i’ve purchased as a gift (that’s love, coming from a cult of apple member). i’ve been tagged to do this! so, why not.
1. If you could sit down and have a beer with any celebrity, who would it be?
i think james blake is an interesting character. who wouldn’t choose bill murray. chrissy tiegen is a hoot and a half. i’m sure i’d feel differently tomorrow. this is a moody question.
2. Who are your favorite authors?
oh geez. i’d rather name favorite books. the social animal, number our days, the road. that’s what i’m feeling right now. philosophical, a little dark, introspective, satirical.
3. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
the social animal. seriously, read it. it feels like reading the diary of your future.
4. What’s your favorite thing to cook?
stirring risotto is like, really relaxing.
5. Wine or beer?
i work in the beer industry with branding, environmental, messaging and marketing for craft brew companies so i’m biased. but i’ve thought about being a vintner since i was little faith.
6. What’s your dream job?
i’m kind of living it! i’d also love to be a caterer. or, an event planner. but i kind of get to do both sometimes at work right now.
7. So why aren’t you already doin’ that? If you are, kudos to you! Whatcha got planned next?
i am! i’m working on just enjoying the moment. letting yourself be happy is an accomplishment in itself.
8. If you could go back in time and do any one thing (for yourself), what would you do?
slow down in my early 20’s. i moved too fast towards an idyllic life. i’ve picked up the pieces, found my path, learned what love really is, and am enjoying every step.
9. What’s your favorite hobby?
i am immersed in the midcentury design world, spend a ton of time in the NW foodie world, run like a madwoman, and explore with zest.
10. “Find what you love and let it kill you.” What do you love this much?
creating beautiful spaces and experiences for those i respect and care about.
11. What’s your ultimate guilty pleasure?
oh, so many. nutella. matte gold. oprah magazine. top chef. reading kanye west interviews. staying up too late. the search for the perfect t shirt.
last one: hello from my new ballard bedroom.
newwww headphones yay. 👑
hello from my new ballard kitchen.
hello from my new ballard living room.
drunk in love.